Leeds City Council are introducing a new charging policy for inert waste, rubble, soil, plasterboard and tyres. These charges will come into effect from Monday 5th February 2018.
A full matrix of prices has been developed by the Council and is included within the leaflet below, but the following provides an overview:
• The price for up to one 25 litre bag or equivalent of soil/rubble will be £2.60;
• The price of one 25 litre bag or equivalent of plasterboard will be £4.80;
• The price of one sheet of plasterboard up to 180 cm x 90 cm will be £3.00;
• The price of one tyre will be £1.50;
• All single items will be £2.60 each.
These prices have been calculated based exclusively on recovering the estimated operational, administrative and disposal costs associated with dealing with these waste streams.
Payments may be made by debit or credit card using a secure card payment machine. If a resident has not brought their card to site, they can phone a family member or friend from the site, who can then make the payment on their behalf over the phone.
Click here for your guide to waste disposal
Click here for details of the new charges