Bramham Parish Council have £278,000 from the sale of the strip of land on Freely Lane and the grant application process was launched at our “Drop In” event on the 7th and 8th of February.
So what happens next?
- The council have designed a procedure for grant applications for a share of these funds and this was finalised and agreed at the November meeting of the council.
- At the open day “drop in style” event on the 7th and 8th February the parish council provided details application process and community groups were given the opportunity to display to the village their ideas for future projects etc.
- Many residents attended and talked to the council about how they would like to see the funds distributed in the village and what projects they would like to see supported. This feedback will be taken into account when the council makes decisions about the grant funding.
- Grant application forms are now available by clicking here and guidance notes by clicking here.
- The closing date for applications (for this year) is the end of March 2014 and the council hopes to have made all decisions by the end of May 2014.
- Not all of the money will necessarily be allocated, this will depend on the feedback from the event and the applications received.
- The parish council have been advised that there are some restrictions on how the money can be spent as it must be capital expenditure providing a long term asset for the village. Grants can be awarded to voluntary groups but not to individuals.
Further details about applications will be communicated to the village via this website and the monthly magazine.
This is a very exciting time for Bramham village and we very much look forward to working with community groups and our residents to develop our village and use our funds for the benefits of all.
Watch this space for further updates!
Bramham Parish Council