Leeds City Council (LCC) has published the Issues and Options for the Site Allocations Plan for public consultation. This will be an 8 week public consultation period starting on Monday 3rd June and finishing at 5pm on Monday 29th July.
What are LCC consulting you on?
The Site Allocations Plan identifies specific allocations for development through to 2028. It sets out early ideas for site allocations for housing, employment, retailing and greenspace. This is the first consultation stage and the Plan has to go through various stages of preparation and will be subject to examination in public by an independent Inspector before it can be adopted by the Council.
How can you view the documents?
The consultation documents are accessible in the following ways:
- Click here to download documents. Pages 11 to 23 include the sites in Bramham that have been considered (table numbers 2,18 and 58). Pages 24 and 25 include questions that you may want to respond to.
- You can visit the Development Enquiry Centre at The Leonardo Building, 2 Rossington St, Leeds, LS2 (Monday to Friday 08:30 - 17:00, except Wednesdays 10:00 - 17:00)
- All libraries and one-stop centres within Leeds District have copies of the documentation.
Communication between the parish council and LCC can be read here
The areas that have been assessed for potential housing in the Bramham Parish and included in the documentation are:
- Spen Common Lane - 3000 site capacity. PLEASE NOTE: Development of this site would create a significant new settlement within the Green Belt and we urge Bramham residents to consider this carefully and respond to question H4a on page 24
- Bowcliffe Road site - 18 capacity
- Bramham Road / Lyndon Road - 269 capacity (marked red i.e. considered not suitable for development)
You can find out more by viewing the information available on this webpage and by attending one of the LCC exhibition events where planning officers will be on hand to discuss issues and offer advice.
Details of venues are available online at www.leeds.gov.uk/siteallocations.
We urge residents to make comments and provide feedback, this is your opportunity to “have your say”. Comments should preferably be submitted on-line to LCC by clicking here (but can be made in writing or email) during the consultation period.
Chairman Neighbourhood Plan Bramham
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leeds City Council contact details:
Leeds City Council
Thoresby House, Level 3
2 Rossington Street
LEEDS LS2 8HD
Tel Number: 0113 247 78092