We have four volunteers …. we need to double that and find a snow champion …. are you willing to help?
The Parish Council are looking to join in a new Leeds City Council initiative to help keep our village safe and accessible during snow fall and we need a group of volunteers from the village.
The idea of the scheme is to encourage local people to assist the Highways Services in clearing priority locations at times of heavy snowfall, helping maintain accessibility in areas we may otherwise be unable to get to. The scheme would see volunteers working under the guidance of a ‘Snow Champion’ to clear snow from footways and pedestrian areas to allow people better access to bus stops, shops and other local services and amenities.
What will be provided:
- A supply of bagged rock salt
- Snow shovels
- Fluorescent vests
- Information & advice leaflets on snow clearing
- Advance weather information when we receive a forecast of snow
- A Highways Services contact at one of our 3 operational depots
What we are looking for to make this happen:
- A nominated ‘Snow Champion’
- A team of volunteers
- The Snow Champion will be the first point of contact and provide daily information on what has been done where and when and also provide post-winter feedback on how things went
If you are interested in taking part please contact our clerk and we will be in touch.